I am the queen of simplicity when it comes to food because A.) I don’t have enough time, B.) I don’t have enough talent, C.) Why not?
I’m also the queen of carbs. Enter: Ranch roasted red potatoes. As well as some alliteration.
It’s sooooo easy, and it’s right on the Hidden Valley Ranch website but, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the recipe:
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- Place potatoes in a gallon-size ziploc bag (one that seals well, please, lest you want to be covered in oil) and add oil, then seal bag. Toss to coat.
- Add salad dressing mix and toss again until coated.
- Bake in ungreased baking pan at 450°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are brown and crisp.
It’s just. so. simple. And I like mine really crispy, so I totally leave them in longer than I should.
I also sometimes sprinkle a lil bit of dill on them for extra kick, or even chipotle to spice it up a ton. There’s also dill Hidden Valley Ranch mix, which I used the first time I did this because I’m an idiot and I can’t read packages.